Archive For March 9, 2018

Welcome to the Epsilon Chapter of St. Anthony Hall

Calling All Brothers – Have you paid your dues for the year?
Please do so by going to Support The Hall.

St. Anthony Hall’s Epsilon Chapter is located in Hartford, Connecticut, and has been in continuous existence since 1850. The Hall’s membership is composed largely, but not exclusively, of approximately 1,000 men and women who are undergraduates and graduates of Trinity College. Hall members conduct and encourage educational, charitable, and literary activities amongst themselves and other members of the Trinity community.

The St. Anthony Trust of Hartford (SATH), a privately-funded organization, directs the affairs of St. Anthony Hall, and owns the building and property located at 340 Summit Street.  The organization that became SATH was chartered by act of the Connecticut General Assembly (State Legislature) in 1873. The Hall’s building was constructed in 1878, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. St. Anthony Hall members raised funds for the construction of adjacent Ogilby Hall in 1941, which provides residential and dining facilities for undergraduate Hall members.

The men and women of St. Anthony Hall are active in business, government, medicine, education, and the arts, among other fields. Fourteen Hall members from Trinity have fallen in the service of their country in the Civil War, World Wars One and Two, and other conflicts. Hall members have served and continue to serve Trinity as members of the Faculty and the Administration, while current Hall undergraduates are involved in numerous college academic, artistic, student government, and athletic pursuits.

Although an independent entity, St. Anthony Hall has enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with Trinity College. Members of the Hall have been active in college affairs since the Hall’s founding, to include leading efforts to establish the Trinity Alumni Association in the 1920s. The College’s longest continuing popular performance group, the Trinity Pipes, was founded by four members of St. Anthony Hall in 1937. The Hall currently funds the St. Anthony professorship in Art History, as well as prizes for Trinity students in athletics and community service. Among other events open to the public, the Hall sponsors the annual Clement lecture, named for distinguished Trinity alumnus and Hall member, Martin W. Clement, Class of 1901.


Go Top