Epsilon was without an official chapter house until the late nineteenth century when the trustees of the fraternity purchased a plot of land on Gallows Hill, next to the site where Trinity College was going to move. Robert Habersham Coleman (E’1873) then committed his time, effort and $28,000 for construction of a new chapter house. Famed architect and Trinity alumnus Josiah Cleveland Cady (E’1856) was chosen as the architect/designer. The John E. Sidman Company of New York was hired for construction, which was completed in 1878. Coleman graduated Trinity in the spring of 1877 and remained in Hartford for a year, overseeing this construction. At a final cost of $40,000, it was considered at the time to be one of the most expensive fraternity chapter houses in America. Because of Coleman’s outstanding efforts and generosity, a portrait of Coleman hangs in the library of the chapter house, a light continuously illuminating it. The oldest of the St. Anthony Hall fraternity buildings, the Epsilon Chapter house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 5, 1985. In 2002 an exterior addition, in harmony with the original construction, was added to comply with modern building code requirements.
In 1941 St. Anthony Hall members raised funds for the construction of Ogilby Hall which provides residential and dining facilities for undergraduate brothers.